The PenMet Parks Board of Park Commissioners created a $65,000 matching grant program
to help enhance GigHarbor Peninsula area parks. The program is designed to encourage
and assist individuals, businesses, and community groups interested in expanding park and
recreation opportunities, and improving the quality of life on the peninsula.
The Park Enhancement Grant (PEG) Program contains two funding categories.
These two categories intend to provide opportunities to fund both large and small projects:
· $55,000 is available to fund grant applications larger than $1,000; and
· $10,000 is available to fund applications of $1,000 or less.
The program is designed to encourage physical park improvements and requires a 50
percent match for eligibility. Matching contributions may include volunteer time, in-kind donations of goods and services, and cash.
The PEG Grant Program is a competitive program and grants will be awarded on the basis of merit and evaluated on criteria including but not limited to:
· The quality and scope of the project;
· The level of community participation in the project;
· The demonstrated need for the project;
· The nature of the matching contribution; and
· The proposed maintenance program, if applicable.
Applications are currently being accepted.
Pre-application conferences are available and encouraged. lease see links below for information and an application:
Park Enhancement Grant Program Information Sheet
Park Enhancement Grant Program Application
Park Enhancement Grant Project Budget Worksheet