- Synthetic Multi-Sport Turf: Soccer, Football, Lacrosse, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Tennis, Cross Country
- Picnic Areas
- Picnic – Drop ins, Picnic Reservations
- Dogs on Leash
- Buildings & Venues
- Pavilion, Amphitheater, meeting rooms, Party Room, Weddings and Rentals
- Natural Features
- Heritage Garden, Demonstration Garden, Pond, Wetlands, Meadow, Forest Area
- Additional Features
- Art & Artifacts, Drinking Fountain, Environmental Education, Historic, Parking Stalls/ ADA, Orchard, Sanican, Restrooms, Concessions, Bike Trail
10123 78th Ave. NW
Gig Harbor, WA 98332
Hours: 7 a.m. to dusk
This 98.0-acre site is located in the North Rosedale area northwest of downtown Gig Harbor. The property includes 76.0 acres of meadow, naturalistic pond, wetlands, and forest conservancy area. There are 22.0 acres of active recreation with a 375-foot baseball field, two 300-foot combination baseball and softball fields, an artificial turf soccer field, two tennis courts, a basketball court, a Boundless Playground which offers recreation for children of all abilities, one picnic shelter, several picnic areas, an outdoor performing arts amphitheater, an indoor pavilion, concessions, restrooms, drinking fountains, Heritage & Master Gardener Demonstration gardens and 4 miles of trails on the property.
Read about the Sehmel Family's history here.
Children’s Gardening Program: Pumpkins: From Seeds to Tasty Foods & Decorations
Master Gardeners presents a program geared at showing children how pumpkins develop from seeds to food for people. They will learn how to start seeds over the winter for planting in the spring. Children will have the opportunity to taste various pumpkin preparations and will be provided their own pumpkin they can decorate and take home. Saturday, October 18, 2014 at 1:00pm at the Sehmel Homestead Park Pavilion.
Recommended for ages 5 -10 and must be accompanied by an adult. Class is free but pre-registration is requested to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about Master Gardeners please visit the WSU Master Gardeners website
Interested in becoming a Sehmel Homestead Park Volunteer Park Host? – Click Here